Wednesday 4 March 2009

Plymouth and Back

Spent yesterday evening in wet and windy Plymouth visiting 'my' students from the Hydrography MSc. It was good to catch up with them and hear the praises, and not-so-good comments, about their current course. That's what I'm there for.

I was too engrossed in conversation and missed RICS South West Geomatics AGM which was just up the road. When I clone myself I'll be able to manage everything at once. However caught a CARIS presentation a tad later on large (huge!) dataset management and sharing. Afterwards in the bar, stoking up on sugary coffee for my drive home, chatted to someone who has recently passed the MSc and wants some advice on how to achieve membership of the RICS. Sure thing.

Off bright and early tomorrow to Edinburgh for an RICS Exec meeting and evening lecture on "Issues of identifying and protecting urban green space – a challenge for us all" by Duncan Moss and Neil Stuart. Should be a good day.

No comments: