Wednesday 7 December 2011

Another One Bites the Dust and Educating Cheltenham

It was going to be impossible to travel to the RICS Governing Council with Ken Hall and not bag a trig. We detoured off near Chichester and logged a nice easy find. 11 11 27 TP2173 Happy Days
Finding the trig was the easy bit. Sorting out my belt and the brambles was a tad more problematic.
11 11 27 TP2173 Ruth and bramble
Gov Co went well. I enjoyed my 5 minutes of fame by providing the Vote of Thanks to Vanessa Lawrence, CE of Ordnance Survey, after her talk. Received some positive comments afterwards but suspect it may have had a lot to do with the brevity of my speech. I was between Vanessa and dinner so knew my place ('stand up, shut up, sit down'). Ok, perhaps I rambled for just a tad longer...
11 11 28 RICS Gov Co Brighton
Gov Co info all here.

I was in Cheltenham with some friends on Sat and showed them their first ever Benchmark. "Oh," exclaimed one, "and there I was thinking it was a masonic mark". You live and learn eh?

Just seen that the Mariana Trench's Challenger Deep has been remeasured. Apparently to a greater precision than before. I don't like that phrase - I'm far more nterested in the accuracy of the measurement than precision. It may well be precise but could be 10km wrong!

No comments: