Saturday 23 February 2008

GeoInformatics making me Dizzy

I must be on the GeoInformatics mailing list as they sent me this link recently to their new look on-line magazine. On first sight the e-version looks snazzy and fun; but I grew increasingly frustrated as I tried to read the magazine. The articles are interesting and informative, as they should be, but once I was zoomed into a page everytime I moved the mouse the page moved too. Usually to navigate a page you hold down a mouse button and move - but this software doesn't need that. It therefore meant that when I was mid-article and I thought "I'll just google something on this" as I moved the mouse to open a new tab on Firefox the article moved. It drove me a bit mad after a while and made me want to print it out. I would prefer pdf in this instance.

No comments: