Monday 14 November 2011

A Few of My Favourite Things

I suspect that anyone geeky enough to be remotely interested in this blog will also (perhaps secretly?) have a favourite map projection. Mine is the Winkel Tripel for no other reason than it sounds slightly rude and the teenager in me finds that amusing. And I confess liking long map projection names - 'Mercator' doesn't do much for me, but doesn't 'Snyder Flat Polar Minimum Error' sound fab?

OK, confession time, I have a favourite spheroid too - the Krasvosky one. Again, a lovely one to roll off the tongue.

Now I'm on a roll. My favourite geodetic datum is the Afgooye (Somalia), with the Bukit Rimpah (Indonesia) in a close second.

And grid? The Rectified Skew Orthomorphic Borneo Grid.

And the trigger for all this was a website my husband came across today. Enjoy this.

No comments: