Monday 25 March 2013

Memories and Anniversaries

Three noteworthy events.

Firstly, last Friday we celebrated (or some of us did) the day of the European Surveyor. This year Galileo Galilei was honoured by CLGE in Budapest. You can read all about it here.

Secondly I have just been pointed toward this Land Surveyor's website. International Surveyor's Week is looming in June. And on 21 June you can "survey earth in a day". From the looks of the site, with just 5 members promoting it, I suggest it's going to take them longer than a day to survey it. The Survey Earth in a day link (which I've just followed) takes you to this site . Ah it appears this is the second annual event and 1000s of points were collected last year. Perhaps, as we say in the UK, this has legs after all?

Finally, I am delighted to report that my own mate Harry Beck is getting a blue plaque. That'll be one to bag next time I'm in the area.

No comments: