Friday 27 June 2008

Glastonbury

Travelled to Brussels for an RICS Chairman's day on Tuesday. A really good day with lots of networking and sharing ideas. Had to fly home via Southampton (I live in Exeter) as Flybe, or Flymaybe as a colleague calls them, cancelled my flight the week before and rerouted me. So my evening turned into a version of Planes Trains and Automobiles. Had a taxi to Brussels Airport, a flight to Southampton, train from Southampton Airport to Southampton Central, train from Central to Westbury (complete with friendly drunk who fortunately was distracted talking with Glastonbury campers), on from Westbury to Exeter St Davids and then a taxi home.

On Thursday it was up to London for another RICS meeting; this time the Geomatics Faculty Board. A low turn out but made it easier to chair wink and we reached consensus quickly. Again, Glastonbury reared its head as the train home was chocka with roll mats, tents and sleeping bags on the way home (not to mention a few hundred people of course). I wonder if they'll be using their GPS whilst there (see this article).

Also wrote my article for Geomatics World yesterday but unfortunately have not been able to slot in my favourite image due to cost/copyright etc. So I'll just have to provide you lucky readers with a link instead. Remind you of anyone?

No comments: