Wednesday 17 March 2010

Dorchester Trig and Survey Marks

I'm a bit behind myself here. Had a fab time at OI10 but haven't yet received the photos to do justice to a decent blog. Therefore I will fast forward to my last weekend which saw me in Dorchester with my Mum.

My Mum is pretty tolerant of her family and I blame a lot of my geo passion on her and my Dad, but I still don't think she can quite get over my trig pillar passion. She graciously let me visit one on a stroll around Abbotsbury, Dorset. TP0768


It got worse. After lunch in Abbotsbury we decided to visit St Catherine's Chapel.

We were doing well until we walked inside and I saw the survey marks. I presume it's an English Heritage laser scanning conservation project (click on photo to see marks).

Great excitement from a Ruth. Major rolling of eyes from my mother!

No comments: